- The age of your roof. Most roofs in the GTA tend to last around 20 years or so, depending on how well they are maintained. If you roof is 10 years old or older, you may want to replace it now, so you will not have to worry about replacing it for another 20+ years. Otherwise, you may start to notice roof repairs start to become more frequent.
- The condition of your roof. If you have noticed several warning signs inside and outside your home, you will want to get a new roof installed before selling your home. The most common warning signs to look for include:
- Water stains on the walls or ceilings inside the home. This is a sign there is a water leak that could be coming from your roof and needs repaired.
- A damp and musty smelling attic. This is another sign that water is getting into the home through the roof. It could also indicate your attic is not vented correctly, which could require some roof work and repairs.
- Cracked, broken and/or missing shingles. If your roof has damage, you should have it fixed. If there are numerous cracked, broken or missing shingles, it makes financial sense to just invest in a new roof.
- An excessive amount of shingle granules in on the ground or in your eaves. This often means the shingles are nearing the end of their useful life span and need replaced. The granules start coming off faster and in larger amounts when the shingles need replaced.
- Moss growing on your shingles. If you have moss grown on the shingles, this often indicates these is excess moisture getting in between them. Depending on the age of the roof, this problem may be able to be repaired or resolved with a brand new roof.
In addition to these factors, don’t forget to factor in other things too. For instance, how much would you spend on repairs to try to save an older roof compared to getting a new one? How much value would a new roof add to the curb appeal of your home and its value?
Even if your roof has a few useful years left, the best solution before selling your home is to have a new roof installed. To request a free roofing installation quote, please feel free to contact Logik Roofing at (905) 424-7469 today! We also offer financing options to help pay for your new roof!