To help you decide what colour would be best for your home, our experienced GTA residential roofers offer the following tips and suggestions:
- Request samples from a roofing contractor. Take the time to get different samples of the colours you are considering. You want to see how the colours complement or contrast your existing exterior colours of the home.
- Think about the curb appeal of your home. When selecting the colour of shingles, you have to decide how important your own personal preferences are compared to adding curb appeal and increasing the value of your home. Trendy colours can be a good choice if you intend to sell your home in the near future. Otherwise, it might be good to stick with neutral colours than never go out of style.
- Choose a shingle colour that complements the colour of your home. You want to choose a colour that will go well with your siding, brick or other exterior finish on the home. For instance, if you have a white exterior and want a traditional look, go with black or dark grey shingles.
- Consider your neighbours when selecting a shingle colour. Take a look at the colours of the roofs on your neighbours’ homes. Think about how your colour choice will look next to theirs. You should also try to avoid choosing the same colour as your neighbours, unless doing so is considered normal in your community.
- Consider how the colour will affect the appearance of the home. Dark colour shingles can create the illusion your home is smaller. Light colour shingles have the opposite effect and make the home look bigger.
In addition to having a new roof installed on your GTA home, this is also a great time to verify your attic is vented correctly, as well as top off your attic insulation. Proper attic insulation can help lower your home’s heating and cooling energy bills. Plus, proper ventilation will mean that the roof can “breathe” effectively and help maintain more event temperatures in the attic.
To request shingle samples and a free roofing quote, please feel free to contact Logik Roofing at (905) 424-7469 today! Please feel free to inquire about our basement insulation and basement renovation services as well!