It is hard to believe it is already fall and winter will soon be here. The cooler fall temperatures make this the perfect time to take care of some home maintenance and get your home ready for winter. By taking care of maintenance now, you will be warm, and cozy once colder winter weather, snow, and ice arrive!
- Make sure your roof is in good shape.
- Top off your attic insulation.
- Add more insulation to your basement and other areas of the home.
- Upgrade to a smart thermostat.
- Replace your old furnace with a new, energy-efficient model.
- Get a humidifier installed.
- Seal up air leaks around windows and doors.
- Clean out your gutters and install covers to keep debris and leaves out.