The Home Energy Conservation Program from Enbridge will help you afford your home’s energy efficiency upgrades by giving you rebates of up to $5,000 for upgraded attic insulation, air sealing, and a new high-efficiency furnace, among other things.
These rebates will help you improve your property resale values, extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling systems, and make bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens more comfortable while saving on your energy bills.
How Do I Qualify for the Energy Savings Rebate Program?
Your Home Energy Evaluations
The first step of your home energy evaluation involves talking to a registered energy advisor before installing any upgrades.
Getting a Custom Energy Assessment
Your registered energy advisor will create a custom report with all their findings and present recommended upgrades, which will keep your natural gas costs lower and create a more energy-efficient space for your family.
It’s Upgrade Time
You must purchase new equipment and upgrades that conform to the recommendations of your registered energy advisor. The more enhancements you install, the more rebates you will get.
You can get an extra:
- A $150 rebate for three improvements
- A $500 money-back for four
- $750 for five or more enhancements
This program is the brainchild of Union Gas and Enbridge Gas, Inc. They want to lower Canadian natural gas consumption by helping homeowners afford more energy-efficient fixtures. Here are some bonus rebates you can try to get:
- $1,600 when you insulate your attic completely or upgrade air sealing
- $2,000 when you upgrade your furnace, achieve 100% attic insulation and enhance air sealing
- $500 when you get 100% insulation of your basement
A Few Other Requirements
Before applying for an assessment, ensure that you’re:
- A residential client of Enbridge Gas
- An owner of a rowhouse, semi-detached or detached house, or a mobile home that stands on a concrete foundation
- Your heating comes from a boiler or furnace powered by natural gas
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may still qualify for other rebate programs, like the Canada Greener Homes Grant or the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate.
Maximise Your Rebates Today
Enjoy more rebates by contacting the most reliable roofing and insulation experts in Durham and the Greater Toronto Area. Call Logik Roofing and Insulation at (905) 424-7469 and get a free appointment.