Logik Roofing & Insulation is excited to announce we are an approved contractor in Oshawa for the new Canada Greener Homes Grant program. This program helps Canadians make energy-efficient improvements to their homes to help save energy.
When you save energy, you save money. Homes that participate in this program will be more comfortable as indoor air temperatures will be easier to maintain since the heating and cooling system will need to run less often.
What type of grants are available?
There will be up to 700,000 grants available with rebates of up to $5,000 for homeowners who make energy-efficient retrofits to their homes, like topping up their attic insulation. A rebate of up to $600 is available for EnerGuide evaluations to help homeowners determine what retrofits would benefit their homes the most and start planning those retrofits.
Why top up the attic insulation?
The Canada Greener Homes Grant provides rebates to help homeowners top up their attic insulation. The more insulation in the attic, the slower the rate of heat loss, which results in improved energy efficiency.
Heat loss resistance is measured using an R-value. The higher the R-value, the better the heat loss resistance. Current building codes, as of 2021, require attics to have an R-value of R60 in attic insulation.
An attic insulation top-up is one of the easiest retrofits to make since the attic in most homes is easily accessible. With the grants, you can save on making energy improvements to your home.
What are the eligibility requirements?
You must insulate a minimum of 20% of the total areas of the attic while increasing the R-value. The new insulation must be added in the same locations as the existing insulation. The grant program will reimburse you up to $1,800 for topping up the attic insulation.
The rebate can vary based on the current R-value in the attic and the R-value after the top-up.
Can grants be combined?
Yes, the Canada Greener Homes Grant program allows you to combine grants for other energy-efficient home improvements. You can receive a rebate as well based on the type of improvements made.
How do I get started?
- Step 1: Learn more about the grant programs. Review that you meet eligibility requirements and learn more about the process.
- Step 2: Register and book your pre-retrofit evaluation. To participate in the program, you must register through the Greener Homes Grant program portal.
- Step 3: Decide what improvements you want to make to your home. Review your EnerGuide evaluation to decide what retrofits work best for your budget and home.
- Step 4: Complete your home retrofits with an authorized contractor. You will need to complete at least one retrofit through an authorized contractor to quality for a rebate.
- Step 5: Book your post-retrofit evaluation to apply for your rebates. After the retrofits are completed, you need to book a post-retrofit evaluation to confirm the work completed.
- Step 6: Receive your rebates. Confirm what retrofits you completed through the portal to receive your rebates.
For further information about the Greener Homes Grant program at Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, and Mississauga and where you can register, please feel free to contact Logik Roofing & Insulation at 905-424-7469 today!