Professional Roof Replacement versus DIY Roof Replacement
Some people attempt to save money when they need a new roof by doing DIY roof replacement. However, not all of these projects are successful and actually have been known to create even bigger problems and hassles for the homeowners. If your roof is to the point it needs replaced, and you are considering a DIY roof replacement, it is worth your time to consider and compare the differences between using a professional roofing contractor and doing it yourself.
DIY Roof Replacement Pros
- One of the few benefits you gain is the total project costs tend to be less, so you do save some money.
DIY Roof Replacement Cons
- You have to do all the work yourself.
- You have to order all materials and arrange delivery on your own.
- Any rotted underlayment or other damages have to be repaired.
- The time to complete the project can take a month or longer, during which time you will need to use tarps to prevent water damage inside the attic and home.
- You have to obtain all building permits on your own.
- There are special tools and equipment required for certain types of roofing materials which you will have to purchase.
- In the event of accidents, you are responsible for all costs incurred.
- Can be very dangerous.
- Lack of product knowledge.
- Not using a certified installer.
Professional Roof Replacement Pros
- Roofing contractors install new roofs as their career, so they can complete work faster, while delivering high quality results.
- Roofing contractors are licensed and insured in case of accidents.
- Your roofer will assist you with ordering the best shingles in the desired colour.
- Your roofer arranges the delivery of the shingles and roofing materials to your home.
- The roofing company takes care of all roof prep, including removing the old shingles, roofing paper, and making any needed repairs to the underpayment.
- Roofing contractors normally have a team of professionals that work on your roof, so projects are completed in a day or two.
- Your roofing company ensures their contractors have access to all of the needed equipment and tools.
- The contactor will offer some guarantee for their completed work.
- You are getting a certified installer.
Professional Roof Replacement Cons
- There really are not any cons to using a professional roofer to install a new roof on your home, other than having to wait for availability, during peak seasons. However, your contractor can take preventative measures, like installing tarps over a leaky roof, to help you avoid further damages to your home, until they are able to start your roofing project.
As you can see, you cannot really go wrong with getting an experienced and professional roofing contractor to install your new roof on your home. To request a free estimate for a new roof, please feel free to contact Logik Roofing at 1.866.840.2914 or 905.424.7469 today! We service homes in Oshawa, Cottage Country, Durham, Whitby, Ajax, North York, Toronto, and other communities in the GTA! We are certified installers for both GAF and CertainTeed.